Socotra has always been surrounded by mystery: isolated in the ocean for millions of years, ancient legends of ‘yins’ (genies), forests of sacred incense trees, healing red resins from the Dragon Blood Tree…
Legend or Reality? You have to come and find out.
The fact is that Socotra is a virgin and unexplored destination. A third of its fauna and flora is endemic to the island!
We live in the digital age where there is practically no place in the world undiscovered, except Socotra #TheMostAlienPlaceOnEarth You will not be disappointed.
The island is renowned for its marked contrasts. Visually striking, you will enjoy this wild prehistoric beauty that will transport you to movie sets and an out-of-this-world reality.
Socotra has its own language, Soqotri. A language only spoken, not written. Socotris are very proud of it. At the same time, the vast majority of the population speaks Arabic, which they learn in schools. On the other hand, English is not very widespread. It is not a problem when it comes to communicating since Socotris are friendly and love to talk. Oral tradition is in their blood. They will always find a way to communicate with you, without a doubt with a big smile.
The harsh climate means that there is not great vegetation and soil to cultivate easily. The main vegetables are onion, cucumber, and tomato. As for fruits, mango and papaya are of excellent quality, such as melon, watermelon, and, to a lesser extent, banana. The exceptional quality of the native honey and dates is noteworthy too.
Goat, beef, chicken and camel meat are the most appreciated normally with rice and spices. The fish is of the highest quality. Fresh and caught in Socotra’s pristine waters, the flavor of its meat, with hardly any seasoning, is worthy of any gourmet restaurant.
As for crafts, women are the experts in this matter. You can find handicrafts made with palm leaves, wool, and mud: pottery, bags, hats, tablecloths that are worth buying.
Socotra or Soqotra (Arabic: سُقُطْرَىٰ Suquṭrā; Somali: Suqadara), is located between the Guardafui Channel and the Arabian Sea, it is the largest of the four islands in the Socotra archipelago. The territory is near major shipping routes and is officially part of Yemen, and had long been a subdivision of Aden Governorate.
In 2008 Socotra was recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The island is isolated and home to a high number of endemic species. Up to a third of its plant life is endemic.
Yes it is open for tourists!!!
you can fly with Air Arabia on a new non-stop route from Abu Dhabi to Socotra. Its a weekly flight, every Monday at 10:00 am departing Abu Dhabi and arriving in Socotra at 11:30 am.
The returning flight from Socotra departs at 1:00 pm and arrived in Abu Dhabi at 4:00 pm.
Contact Socotra Trip to arrange for your Travel to Socotra Islands
December and January are rainy, but still manageable if you want to visit.
October to May is the best season to visit, although Best months are October, November and February, These months are not too hot and not too rainy, which are perfect for hiking and doing outdoor stuff, which are the main attractions to indulge in Socotra. This time is also great for wildlife attractions.
June to September is monsoon season and too windy, which makes it undesirable both for hiking and outdoor sightseeing. But great for windsurfing, weather is ideal for this kind of activity.
Summer is quite hot, not crazy hot. In fact, it is perfect beach weather, the hikes, will get a bit hot though!
8 DAY 7 NIGHTS TRIP INCLUSIVE OF THE FOLLOWING WILL COST USD 2,200/-
- Roundtrip flight Abu Dhabi – Hadibo – Abu Dhabi
- Entry visa
- Accommodation 8 days and 7 nights: 6 nights camping (all equipment included) /1 night at La Sirena Hotel in Hadiboo (double occupancy room).
- Transportation 4 wheel cars (AC and fuel included) / 4 people each car (starts and ends at the airport).
- Local tour guides, beduins guides, and drivers
- 8 days excursions with a full guided & scheduled itinerary (since you land until your departure).
- Hiking and walking trails.
- Boat trip to Shoab Beach (typical fishermen boats)
- 3 meals a day
- Mineral Water
- Selection of soft drinks (juices & sodas, 15 max per day and per person)
- Protected Area Fees
- Antigen Rapid Test Swab mandatory before leaving Socotra (a medical representative will come to our place)
- Socotra trip memorabilia
MORE INFO ON SOCOTRA TRAVEL PRICING
Almost all inhabitants of Socotra Islands, numbering about 50,000, live on the main island of the archipelago.
Only about 450 people live on ‘Abd-al-Kūrī and 100 on Samha; the island of Darsa and the islets of the archipelago are uninhabited.
Socotra is a four islands archipelago in Indian Ocean. It is of continental origin and is the most isolated place in the world of that kind. It is famous for its biodiversity.
- Trekking, surrounded by breathtaking landscapes, and meeting the bedouins of the mountains.
- If you want to dive, you will think that you are in an aquarium full of marine life.
- Spotting dolphins? Socotra is a privileged place.
- Have fun in the natural sea lagoons doing kayak or SUP.
- Fishing? Our camera will be ready to immortalize a catch worthy of record.
- Wind? Yes, and a lot, a paradise always dreamed of by the best kite surfers.
- Passionate about heights? dare to take a trip by gyrocopter or by helicopter.